We believe the birthplace of an individual is not a choice, and no one has the right to discriminate based on this. 'Miteri' is an indigenous practice of Nepal which embraces mutual love and respect that goes beyond blood and kinship regardless of caste, class, region, religion, or politics. 'Miteri' connects diverse communities for work, and for equal contributions toward peace and justice.
We are a young, committed, dynamic, enthusiastic, and multi-disciplined group of people seeking peace, prosperity, and a just society for Nepal and for those beyond her borders.
AWON is determined to work with the poor, excluded, and vulnerable women, men, and children for social equality, and dignified and just lives through partnerships, an emphasis on human rights, and result driven programs around political, economical, social, cultural, and environmental empowerment to contribute toward a peaceful and prosperous nation.
- To improve the livelihood of the poor, excluded, and vulnerable communities through innovative vocational opportunities, and economic empowerment activities as driven by communities
- To mobilize civil societies, media, and other groups for and through policy advocacy, networking, and media campaign
- To recognize professional institutes for training, research, and dissemination around human rights, natural resource management, and climate change
- Stakeholder mobilization at local, national, regional, and global levels
- Social marketing and media campaign
- Networking and Advocacy
- Behavioral Change Communication (BBC)
- Monitor, document, and disseminate
- Research and training